RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All members must fill in a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) before using our club for the first time. If you are found to be moderate or high risk we will ask you to give us medical clearance before you start training
2. It is recommended that you please check with your health care provider before you start a new exercise program. You should have a physical exam to see if you have any health risks
3. Please ensure that you take the time to warm up before exercise and cool down after your routine. You stand the chance of damaging your muscles or straining your heart if you don’t warm up.
4. If you experience acute pain, dizziness, sudden headache or chest pain, stop exercising immediately & inform a staff member.
5. Please inform your club if there are any changes in your medical condition
General Club Use
6. Please take note of the operating hours displayed at all clubs. Opening and closing times may vary
7. Pets (other than guide dogs) are not permitted
8. Firearms or other weapons are not permitted
9. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the club premises
10. You may not take photos or videos and the use of cameras is not permitted in any facility
11. You may not bring alcohol or drugs into our clubs
12. You may not sell &/or market any product or service to other members while in our clubs
13. You consent to us using your image if taken during photo shoots
14. The use of Ignite Fitness’ logo for promotional, marketing or advertising means is prohibited
15. Facilities may vary from club to club
16. You will be issued with an Ignite Fitness Access card when you join our club. You will not be permitted to access the club unless you have you access card with you. Should your access card be damaged or lost please notify the club immediately
17. All members must have their photograph taken when obtaining their access card.
18. Unfortunately, your dependents cannot enter our club if your membership fees are not up to date or if we have terminated, suspended or frozen your membership
19. Children under the age of 18 must be members in accordance with the appropriate class of contract (whether Club Young or Young Warrior) in order to gain access to the club.
20. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when accessing the club and save for children who are cared for in the Ignite Kids facility as set out below, all other children under the age of 14 must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times
21. Children between 0 months – 8 years will be cared for in our Ignite Kids facility
22. Children may only use the Ignite Kids area for a maximum of 2 hours per day
23. Parents/legal guardians must sign their children into Ignite Kids and only the same person must collect them and sign them out
24. Parents may not stay in the kids’ facility longer than 5 minutes. A maximum of 10 minutes is permitted should they be settling a baby or child. Parents are not permitted to supervise any of the activities in these facilities
25. Ignite Kids operating hours are displayed at each cub and may vary
26. Parents/legal guardians may be asked to remove their child from Ignite Kids, if in the opinion of our staff, the child is upset, ill or disruptive
Children 4 years and older
27. Children 4 years and older are not permitted to accompany their parent/guardian into the change room of the opposite gender
Children aged 9 to 13
28. May use all cardio equipment, except treadmills. This cardio equipment may only be used outside of peak times. Peak times are displayed in each club
29. May participate in age appropriate programs and classes on the gym floor, if led by a Ignite Fitness recognized fitness professional
30. May not participate in any Arena or Indoor Cycling classes
31. Are not allowed on the gym floor, except when using cardio equipment or participating in age appropriate programs or classes led by an Ignite Fitness recognized professional or when supervised by a parent or legal guardian as set out in 32 below.
Children aged 14 to 17
32. May use the gym as junior members
33. May use all strength equipment on the gym floor but only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian or while participating in a program supervised by an Ignite Fitness recognized professional.
34. Adult members take preference over junior members at all times with the regards to use of equipment and facilities
35. Junior members are required to observe clubs rules
36. Normal guests accessing the facility will be required to pay guest fees
37. Normal guest will pay guest fees, fill in guest register and provide a copy of their ID/Passport or driver’s license before entering the club
38. All guests must be over 18 years of age
Behavior in our clubs
39. You may not enter the club or use the facilities while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or performance enhancing drugs
40. You may not use foul, loud or abusive language & must not be physically or sexually abusive toward, or harass other members, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff and you shall not bring Ignite Fitness and Ignite members in disrepute or paint them in a bad light.
41. Language that discriminates based on race, gender, sex, disability, social origin or any other subject in our sole discretion will not be tolerated.
42. You will be liable to pay for any damages caused by you, your dependents or guests while in the club.
43. Only one individual in a shower cubicle at a time please
44. Suitable & appropriate exercise clothing must be worn at all times while exercising in our facilities and closed training shoes must be worn at all times
45. While training on the circuit, please use the equipment in numerical order & move according to the circuit timer
46. Please replace all equipment and weights where you found them
Use of lockers & Personal Belongings
47. Lockers are provided in the change rooms to store your gear while you train (please bring your own padlock). We do not undertake that the use of a locker will guarantee that theft of, or damage to your property will not occur. Please check that your personal insurance policy covers you for loss of personal items. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or theft of money or damage to personal property of members or their guests whether locked in a locker or otherwise.
48. Do not leave your belongings unattended in the change rooms or anywhere else in the club at any time, & report any lost items immediately
49. Management reserves the right to open a locker (by force if necessary), if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used for storage of anything other than clothing or permissible personal belongings
50. Any belongings left over night, will be removed & donated to charity within 14 days
Use of Equipment
51. Please use the equipment for its intended purpose & follow the instructions provided
52. Please inspect equipment before use and do not use equipment that appears damaged &/or inoperable or any component appears to be missing or damaged
53. Please report damaged equipment to a staff member
54. When using strength equipment, make sure that the weight pin is completely inserted. Never pin the weight stack in an elevated position. Inspect all cables, straps and other connections
55. Please do not use dumbbells or any other equipment, other than equipment specifically provided by the manufacturer, to incrementally increase weight resistance on strength equipment.
56. Ensure that the belt has come to a complete stop before stepping onto or getting off a treadmill
57. Handle weights & equipment with care and replace after use
58. Please adhere to time limits if specified on equipment
59. No food, drinks or bags allowed on the training floor, with the exception of water bottles and sports drinks
60. Please use a sweat towel at all times and wipe equipment after use
Use of Studios
61. Some classes may need to be pre-booked or may have max head counts.
62. Class timetables & Instructors may change from time to time without notice. Please check the website for all the latest details
63. Please arrive 5 minutes before the class starts. You may not be allowed to enter if you are 5 minutes late
64. Please inform your instructor of any injuries, illness or pregnancy
65. Once a class is in progress, no members are allowed to enter
66. If you’re interested in getting a personal trainer, you will find all details on our Personal Trainer boards. You can contact them directly, or ask at reception and they will hook you up
67. Only authorized Ignite Personal Trainers are permitted to provide Personal Training in our clubs. Personal Training by another member is not allowed whether it’s for payment or not. If we find someone providing unauthorized Personal training, our GM will investigate & you & the trainer may be expelled or suspended
68. Please do not tamper with emergency exit doors or any safety devices
69. Please follow the health & safety notices displayed throughout the club
70. Please take note of the emergency procedures. If there is an emergency, please follow the staffs instructions at all times
71. Please do not run in the club. Be aware of the different floor surfaces that you move across as you walk through the club. As ongoing cleaning & maintenance will be taking place, related tools & equipment may be hazardous & some floor surfaces may be wet, therefore slippery. Please proceed with caution
72. Please report any injuries, incidents or hazards to staff members
Waiver & Release
In the act of becoming a member at Ignite Fitness (Referred to as the company), I acknowledge & Agree: that the company will not be liable for death, injury, loss, or damage suffered by me or minors who accompany me to the gym and are under my care in terms of these rules through or contributed to by any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, negligence (including gross negligence) &/or omission or breach of contract on the part of the Company, its directors, its employees, contractors, independent consultants or other members that company premises will invariably be entered & exited entirely at own risk & that the Company equipment & facilities will , furthermore be utilized on this very same basis; that the Company would not be vicariously liable for any loss or damage suffered by me &/or other members as a result of theft on the part of its employees, independent contractors, consultants or any other members. In the process of becoming a member at Ignite Fitness I &/or my estate, furthermore, indemnified the Company against any claim by any person arising directly or indirectly from my death, injury, loss or damage suffered by a member, allegedly caused or contributed to any act or omission by the Company, its directors, employees, contractors, consultants & agents.