IGNITE FITNESS GENERAL NOTICES
Ignite Fitness is in the process of implementing the following safety measures for preparation for opening and operational safety measures once open.
- Ensure that all staff receive adequate training on Covid-19 protocols as well as implementation and management thereof.
- Ensure that the facility and equipment get cleaned and disinfected thoroughly as per guidelines before opening.
- Send out high-level communication to members regarding protocols and how they will be affected.
- Purchase hand sanitiser and dispensers.
- Supply all needed protective equipment to all staff. These will include face masks.
- Communicate all health and safety protocols to all suppliers to ensure they follow the needed precautions before dropping off supplies and maintaining a safe distance when entering the facility.
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the club.
- Tape marking at the entrance to ensuring safe distancing while waiting to enter the facility.
- Staff PPE.
- Signage on the entrance that state “No Mask, No Entry”
- Have a sign at the entrance to inform members on the colours in order to follow the correct movement in the facility.
- All staff temperatures to be taken before every shift and before entering the facility. This will be documented to keep record of all staff.
- Staff to ensure they sanitise hands after cleaning equipment.
- If a staff member is cleaning equipment, they need to wear surgical gloves while cleaning.
- Staff to be provided with the correct PPE – Face Masks. This should always be worn.
- Staff to ensure they stay home when they are sick.
- No member with a fever will be allowed into the facility.
- All members will need to train with a face mask on while inside the facility – no face mask, no entry.
- Members may not use their own Towels, only paper towels provided may be used and must be discarded after single use.
- Members to ensure they stay at home if they feel sick.
- Members to follow a good cough and sneeze etiquette and dispose of any tissue right away.
- Members that are tested positive at any stage and had access to the facility need to inform Ignite Fitness immediately.
- In addition to existing continuous cleaning protocols, we will add a rigorous, deep-cleaning and disinfecting process.
- Designated areas of the club will be sectioned off during the day to facilitate the deep cleaning.
- We will be increasing the size of our Maintenance team as well as asking all team members to support these rigorous cleaning protocols.
- Members will be required to spray down and sanitise every machine and piece of equipment after use.
- Staff not giving classes will be moving through the facility to ensure social distancing rules are followed and equipment is cleaned and packed away.
- Used equipment will be cleaned and sanitised after every session. Two sets of equipment will be used to ensure used equipment gets cleaned and has enough time to dry.
- Sanitation stations will be available throughout the facility for members.
- The facility will constantly be cleaned by the cleaning company as agreed.
- Staff will be required to move through the facility and ensure the equipment is cleaned and sanitised.
Medical-grade, WHO recommended disinfectants which are designated effective against the COVID-19 virus with a kill time of less than one minute will be used for all continuous and deep-cleaning processes. This is used to fully disinfect lockers and Group Fitness equipment between use.
- We will allow 30 minutes between Group fitness classes for disinfecting the studio and all equipment.
- We will disinfect member lockers after each use.
Members will be asked to use hand sanitiser when entering the club and frequently throughout their visit. The hand sanitiser solution kills up to 99.9% of germs and includes 70% ethyl alcohol, in line with WHO recommendations, with added Aloe vera and essential oils. Hand sanitiser will be available at new touchless stations throughout the club.
Members will be asked to use disinfectant wipes on equipment before and after use in addition to Ignite’s cleaning protocols. Our disinfectant wipes, proven to kill 99.99% of bacteria, viruses & fungi on equipment. Disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the club.
Members and our staff and café staff will be required to complete a mandatory Health Declaration before each club visit to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
Members and our teams will have body temperatures taken prior to entering the club via touchless thermometers. Per CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature greater than 37.5 degrees, or local guidelines, will not be permitted entry into the club.
Members will be asked to alert their club’s General Manager (contact information can be found on the Ignite Fitness website) if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last club visit. We will email notification to all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at an Ignite Fitness facility.
Member will be required to make use of a telephonic booking system where they can book their time slot to make use of the facility.
The entire facility will be divided into Arenas, with a limited number of members that can access that area. This will allow us to control and limit access to the facility.
Signage & Floor markers
So members can give each other enough space, physical distancing cues will be marked in all
the Arenas, change rooms, and Café areas, and on the Arena Floors. Physical distancing signs will show which equipment is available for use, and signs will be placed throughout the various arenas to remind members to wipe down equipment before and after use and to practice physical distancing.
FRONT DESK ETIQUETTE
Temperature checks and hand sanitiser use will be required prior to entering the club.
Members will swipe their own card to ensure contact is limited between members and reception team and markings on the floor will allow for safe and seamless entry to the club.
Markers to be used on the floor to indicate distancing.
GROUP FITNESS ETIQUETTE
To ensure physical distancing, capacity will be limited for all Group Fitness classes. Advance
booking will be required to attend all classes.
- Arena classes will happen on a scheduled basis with two arena classes during each time slot.
- Access to all arena classes will be limited to 6-8 members depending on arena sizes.
- Equipment and training areas will be marked and pre-packed before each class starts to ensure social distancing and equipment not travelling between two members before it gets cleaned.
All Group Fitness classes, including Cycling, will be designed to facilitate distance between members. Our team will set up the studio beforehand with equipment. If a member requires other equipment, a team member will be available to assist. Only team members will be permitted in the equipment area.
- Flow in and out of the arena and to the cardio equipment will be marked.
- Cardio machines will not be shared, and every second machine will be marked out of use.
- Equipment used in each class will be placed into the marked ‘out box’ for it to be cleaned and new and cleaned equipment will be placed into the in box for the next class.
- No hands-on adjustments, typical in Yoga, will occur during group fitness classes.
- Studios will be open 10 minutes before class start times & members will be asked to use hand sanitiser before entering the studios.
- Equipment will be laid out for each member to use with the flow clearly marked on the floors.
- Equipment in the dance studio will be pre-packed and will not be shared during the class.
- Each training area will be marked off and class access will be limited to 10-12 people depending on the class.
- Equipment used in each class will be placed into the marked ‘outbox’ for it to be cleaned and new and cleaned equipment will be placed into the inbox for the next class.
- Studio floor will be cleaned straight after each class.
- Spinning bikes will be moved and only 10 bikes in the class and spaced out to adhere to social distancing.
- Mark off every other piece of equipment and if possible, move machines further apart to ensure enough space between.
- Movement flow markers on the floor to ensure movement is controlled.
- Have a marked “out box” area where any weights that have been used will be placed.
- This will allow staff to clean and disinfect the used equipment and get it back on the floor as soon as possible.
CARDIO AND ARENA ETIQUETTE
- To facilitate physical distancing, we will reduce equipment available for use.
- Make use of every second cardio machine and switch off the ones that are not in use.
- Alternate cardio machines into two sets that are used in each session Ensure that members make use of sanitising spray to clean machines after use.
- Staff to move through the facility to ensure machines are cleaned and sanitised.
Members will be asked to practice physical distancing etiquette during Personal Training sessions. Trainers and instructors will remain 2m away from clients and all cueing and corrections will be done verbally. Virtual Personal Training will continue to be available.
LOCKER ROOM ETIQUETTE
Give Each Other Space
- Available lockers will be clearly marked to maintain physical distancing. Restrooms and basins will also be designated to allow for physical distancing.
- Lockers available for use will be marked to ensure social distancing protocols are met.
- Movement flow markers will be in place to direct flow inside the change rooms.
- A sanitising station (sanitiser and a bin) will be available inside each change room.
- Showers and toilets will be cleaned and disinfected after every use by member and cleaning staff member.
- Vanity units will be marked and spaced out into areas that can be used. Hairdryers and Straighteners will be limited and can only be used inside the marked areas.
- Ensure that first aid stays available with added precautions like gloves, face masks and resus masks if resuscitation is needed at any time.
- Ensure that any person with a fever is not allowed into the facility to limit the risk of infection spread.
POSITIVE CASE PROTOCOL
- General Manager to Contact the COO about member or staff member that has tested positive.
- Access stats for the member to be pulled from Itensity. If it is a staff member the shift roster will be used.
- All members that have trained on those days will be notified that the member or staff member has tested positive.
- Club will be closed for a day while the cleaning company will decontaminate all areas and equipment before opening.
- Member or staff member that has tested positive will not be allowed access until cleared by a medical practitioner.
Limited Capacity and Modified Hours
Staff and member capacity will be limited, and hours will be modified the Cafés.
For convenience and to minimise contact, members will be asked to use their credit card for Snapscan purchases.
All Café staff to be educated regarding new Covid-19 protocols and correct sanitisation.
Staff temperatures to be taken before entering the facility. Café owner to have staff on standby in the event that a staff member is not allowed access.
Agreed with Ignite Fitness to be implemented. All food and beverage supplies to be delivered outside of the facility and can only be brought into the facility after being sprayed with disinfectant spray.
- Tables and seating will always be moved around to ensure a safe 2m distance between all customers.
- Take away meals and drinks will be promoted.
- Floor markers will indicate a 2m distance between customers when they are waiting for their orders.
- Limit the amount of staff working at a time to limit overcrowding behind the counter.
- All café staff to be supplied with face masks as well as surgical gloves when working with food
Updated 1 July 2020
We have implemented a bolstered hygiene and infection control protocol at every one of our clubs as per instruction from Government.
Additionally, we implore our staff and clients to exercise the following additional interventions during this challenging time:
- Wash hands regularly with soap & water (aim for 20-30 seconds).
- Use hand sanitiser in-between hand washes.
- Do not touch your face unnecessarily.
- Practice social distancing (no handshakes, hugs or kisses) by maintaining a safe distance to others (2m).
- We encourage members to keep to the 2m distance – this may mean using every other treadmill or waiting an extra 5 minutes for someone to finish on a nearby machine.
- Cough/sneeze into your bent elbow or a disposal tissue and discard it immediately after use.
- Practice good basic hygiene, always.
- Do not panic.
- Do not follow/forward fake news.
- If you feel unwell, or suspect you have been exposed to an infected individual, self-quarantine immediately, and contact the dedicated Corona Hotline
South African Coronavirus Hotline: 0800029999
Official Information: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/department-of-health/coronavirus
WhatsApp Info Service: 0600123456 (https://wa.me/27600123456?
Kenya Ministry of Health Hotline Numbers:
0800 721 316 / 0732 353 535 / 0729 471 414
Kenya Ministry of Health Twitter: @MOH_Kenya
Ignite Fitness would like to reassure you that we’re open for business and committed to keeping our members and staff safe during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Public Health (PHE) guidance is that for those who are feeling well, exercise is actively encouraged as long as guidelines around social distancing are followed.
The physical and mental benefits of exercise are well documented and we will support members to stay fit and healthy in body and mind through these challenging times.
Our priority, as always, is the health and wellbeing of our members and staff, so we have taken additional measures to support the current Government guidelines.
- When working out, there should be at least 2m between you and the next person
- We encourage members to keep to the 2m distance – this may mean using every other treadmill or waiting an extra 5 minutes for someone to finish on a nearby machine
- Class capacity has been cut by 50% so there will be more space between attendees
- Saunas are closed but steam rooms and pools remain open. Swimming is recommended as physical activity at the moment due to the chemicals in the water.
- There should still be a 2m distance between users
- We’ve increased the frequency of our cleaning processes
- More anti-bacterial spray and wipes will be available in-club
- Members are reminded to wash hands more regularly, wipe equipment and cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze
- Classes will finish earlier to allow members and staff to clean equipment down
We want to make sure we support you in your fitness journey – even if your daily routine has changed.
Members can now use any Ignite Fitness club, whatever their membership tier, on a temporary basis.
We are keeping a very close watch on the situation and will inform you of any changes.
Schalk Hugo CEO